LEXICAL - GRAMMAR TEST №2 (КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА №2)
SIMPLIFIED VARIANT (УПРОЩЕННЫЙ ВАРИАНТ)
Study the following grammar to do the lexical-grammar test - для правильного выполнения контрольной работы №2 необходимо усвоить следующий грамматический материал:
1. Tense forms of the Verb.(Active Voice and Passive Voice). Regular and irregular verbs. - Видовременные формы глагола (действительный и страдательный залог). Правильные и неправильные глаголы.
2. Modal verbs and their equivalents - модальные глаголы и их эквиваленты.
3. Types of questions (revision). – типы вопросов (повторение).
4. Word formation. – словообразование.
I. Read the text. Translate it into Russian. Answer the questions following the text. Define the tense form of the underlined verbs. - Прочитайте текст. Переведите его на русский язык. Ответьте письменно на вопросы по тексту. Определите временную форму подчеркнутых глаголов.
PASSWORDS TEST MEMORY
Many of us have difficulty remembering the new password which we have to create. In this edition of Hi-Tech we look at those keywords which we keep to ourselves and which keep our secrets.
But how is it possible to look at people’s passwords if they are secret? One study comes from researchers in Ontario University, Canada, who analysed 32 million passwords, published by a hacker who cracked a database of an on-line gaming website. Here are some of the conclusions.
24 is the average number of passwords that each user has to remember and 43 percent of people use the same password for more than one account.
34 percent of us use simple passwords, based on elemental concepts while 66 percent use complex passwords, based on algorithms or created by a computer.
Many passwords are quite easy to discover for example 17 percent use birthdays, ten percent use their name or family name while nine percent use pet names.
Sometimes we get upset when we don’t remember a password. So we use different methods to remember them.
Seventy one percent learn passwords by heart, 12 percent write it on their computer or smartphone, 10 percent write it down on paper and seven percent save it using special programmes.
Answer the questions: - Ответьте на вопросы
1. What is the number of passwords you have to remember?
2. Does the majority of people use simple passwords?
3. Is it easy to discover somebody’s password?
4. What methods do we use to remember passwords?
II. Read and translate the sentences from English into Russian. Define the tense forms, voice of the underlined verbs. Write 5 questions of all basic types to the highlighted sentence. - Прочтите и переведите предложения на русский язык. Определите видовременную форму и залог выделенных глаголов. Поставьте 5 вопросов всех основных типов к выделенному предложению.
Model: When trade began to develop widely advertising was oral. – Когда торговля начала широко развиваться, реклама была устной.
began – Past Simple, Active Voice
was – Past simple, Active Voice
1. Tomorrow we will have new passwords and user names.
2. Without an antivirus programme, my computer crashed 2 years ago.
3. John designs networks.
4. I’m afraid that I can lose my documents - I haven’t backed up my files.
5. Computers are divided into three main types depending on their size and power.
6. The program will be written in three days.
7. The conference was held last week.
III. Choose the correct verb form in passive. Translate the sentences: -
(Model: The printers (were delivered/is deliver) three weeks late.
Принтеры доставили на три недели позже.)
1. A number of methods (are used / have using) to remember passwords.
2. That design (are soon follow / was soon followed) by many others.
3. The development of computers (was greatly influenced/will greatly influence) by the invention of transistors.
4. His book on programming languages (will be translated/will translate) into English and German.
5. The problems of artificial intelligence (are discussing / are discussed) widely all over the world.
6. In the first generation, the central processor (was built / had build) from electronic valves which were rather unreliable.
IV. Read and translate the sentences from English into Russian paying attention to the meaning of modal verbs. Underline the modal verbs.- прочтите и переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на значение модальных глаголов. Подчеркните модальные глаголы.
1. My computer is rather old and slow. – You should upgrade the whole system.
2. May I use your computer while you are away?
3. I’m sorry I’m late. I had to solve an urgent problem.
4. If you order a box today we will be able to offer you a special discount.
5. You mustn’t forget to back up the file.
6. The computer memory can be overloaded by opening too many files.
V. Complete these sentences with the words in the box. - Вставьте слова из таблицы в предложения
architect burn hard insert make officer pleased welcome
1 John designs networks. He’s a network ____________ .
2 I’ve got a new ____________ disc drive for my laptop.
3 I must ____________ some CDs.
4 Sarah is the new IT support ____________ .
5 ____________ the CD in the disc drive here.
6 ____________ to meet you. I’m Pablo.
7 ____________ to the team, Ahmed!
8 They ____________ sure the system works well.
VI. Complete this conversation with the words in the box. Translate the dialogue. - Вставьте слова из таблицы в диалог. Переведите диалог.
enter got has right is should then
A: Can you help me, please?
B: What ____________ the problem?
A: I don’t know how to access the customer information.
B: You ______ ______ your username and password. All ________?
A: Yes, but what do I do ____________?
B: Press 2 followed by CUSTOMER. ____________ that?
A: Oh, yes. Here it is. Thanks.