1. You (to keep) to any special diet? — Well, I (not to think) it (to be) good to eat a lot of meat I usually (to have) meat only once a week. I (to eat) lots of fruit and vegetables. 2. He (to learn) English now because he (to want) to get a better job. 3. The teacher (to know) the girl often (not to argue) with pupils. 4. I (to think) she often (to worry). 5. Barbara's boss (to see) she (to be) always late for work. 6.1 (to call) my son in Cedar Falls now. I (to want) to call him every month but it (to be) very expensive. 7. You (to hear) me now? How your job (to go)? — Great! I (to enjoy) it a lot. The only problem I (to have) here (to be) that the food (to be) so good. I (to eat) too much! I (to get) really fat. 8. Ruth (to learn) English now because she (to like) learning languages and she (to want) to impress everybody. 9. Listen to that man! You (to understand) what language he (to speak)? 10. Your English (to get) better? — Yes, I (to think) so. 11. We (to know) he never (to take) risks. 12. They (to think) he (to learn) fast, he (to know) English well and he (to speak) English fluently. 13. Don't disturb him. He just (to work) at his English. 14. I (not to like) to watch TV very often. But at the moment I (to enjoy) my favourite film "Gone with the Wind". And I (to be) very happy. 15. You (to have) any idea where Rick (to be)? I (not to see) him at work now. — He (to visit) his friends in Spain. 16. Hurry up! We (not to have) much time left. — I (to come)! 17. She (to try) to lose weight, I (to think). She always (to have) light lunches. 18. She (to try) to do her best. 19. My little brother (not to play) the piano very well. That (to be) why he (to practise) the piano again. 20. My grandmother (to be) busy. She (to bake) an apricote pie. She (to bake) pies every Sunday. 21. Tom (to be) tired. He (to be) embarrassed because he (to yawn) his head off. 22. I (to be) sad. That (to be) why I (to cry).
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Simple или Past Simple.
1. Tom always (to eat) breakfast. 2. Yesterday he (not to eat) breakfast because he (to get) up late.
3. We (to like) to cook but we (not to like) to wash the dishes. 4. He never (to shout) at his students. He (to be) a wonderful teacher, I remember. 5. My friend (to know) Spanish very well. 6. Who (to ring) you up an hour ago? 7. He (to live) on the third floor. 8. It (to take) you long to find his house yesterday? 9.When your lessons (to be) over on Monday? 10. I (to have) dinner with my family yesterday.
10. Her friends (to be) ready at five o'clock. 12. One of her brothers (to make) a tour of Europe last summer. 13. Queen Elizabeth II (to be) born in 1926. She (to become) Queen of England in 1952. 14. You always (to get) up at seven o'clock? — No, sometimes I (to get) up at half past seven. 15. Antonio Stradivari (to make) wonderful violins. 16. Who (to paint) the world-known picture "Mona Lisa"? 17. She (to know) all the works of Chopin. She (to enjoy) listening to his waltz last night. 18. Steven's friends (to come) to his birthday party last night and (to give) him wonderful presents. His parents (to cook) a special dinner for him. His girlfriend (to promise) to come, but she (not to be) there. He (to try) to phone, but he couldn't get through. He (to be) really upset. Only she (not to wish) him a Happy Birthday.
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующейся форме, так чтобы получить Present Continuous или Present Perfect.
1. What's the matter? Why he (to stop)? 2. My cousin (to look) for a job, but he (not to find) a job yet. 3. It (to be) impossible for her to feel at home here. 4. What you (to study) now? 5. They just (to give) you a pay rise. 6. Sophie is busy. She (to knit) a sweater for her grandson. 7. You only (to have) a piece of cake? You (not to eat) much. 8. People (to plant) carrots and tomatoes now. 9. You (to go) to plant tomatoes this year? 10. Johnny, who finally (to find) a new job, (to give) a big party. 11. How long you (to be) sick? 12. You (to see) any good movies recently? 13. What you (to look) forward to? 14. Nancy (to look) forward to this weekend. 15. She (to go) to read Shakespeare and she (not to go) to think about work. 16. Mike (to leave) for work yet? 17. They (to pay) their electric bill this month? 18. How long you (to know) each other? 19. Your car (to make) strange noises. Is anything wrong? 20. The boy (to do) his homework and (to take) a karate lesson now. 21. I (to have) dinner with my friends at the moment and I am very happy to see them again. 22. Jay never (to travel) overseas. 23. We always (to have) a dog and a cat. We love pets. 24. Larry never (to own) a sports car.
Переведите на английский язык, употребляя глаголы в Present Perfect или Present Continuous.
1. Она все еще печатает свою статью. 2. Мы ее давно не видели. 3. Бабушка с дедушкой уже навестили своих внуков. 4. Сейчас они сидят в гостиной и разговаривают о своей поездке. 5. Ты когда-нибудь был в Африке? 6. Он все сделал для нее. Теперь он еще собирается купить ей дом. 7. Концерт еще не начался, и мы сидим в зале и обсуждаем свои проблемы. 8. Подожди меня! Я не взяла деньги. 9. Я только что позавтракал. 10. Он уже позавтракал. 11. Мы еще не завтракали. 12. Они все еще пьют чай в столовой. 13. Я уже сделал свои уроки. 14. Он все еще делает свои уроки. 15. У нас сегодня было три урока. 16. У них только что было собрание. 17. Она еще не читала этой книги. 18. Она все еще читает. 19. Кто это написал? 20. Что вы ему написали? 21. Я только что была у зубного врача и чувствую себя намного лучше. 22. Он говорит неправду. Он не сделал уроки. 23. Почему он не обедает? — Он все еще разговаривает со своим другом по телефону. 24. Куда исчезла эта ленивая кошка? — Она вон там, спит перед камином.