Раскройте скобки, употребив нужную степень сравнения.
1. Winter is (cold) season of the year. 2. Can you be (quickly)? You read (slowly) than usual. 3. I live far from my school but many my friends live even (far).? 4. What mountains are (high) in Europe? 5. Even (long) day has an end. 6. It is one of (important) questions of our conference. 7. Your English is (bad) now. 8. Who knows him (well) than you? 9. We have (little) interest in this work than you. 10. Health is (good) then wealth. 11. He worked (well) of all. 12. Today he worked (slowly) than usually. 13.Would you speak (loudly)? 14.Last time I (frequently) find myself disoriented than usual 15. Can you come (early)? You are very often late!
Задание. Переведите предложения.
1. This book is not so interesting as that one. 2. The Baltic Sea is not so warm as the Black Sea. 3. The more you read, the more you know. 4. My brother is not as tall as you are. 5. Чем раньше встаешь, тем больше сможешь сделать. 6. Сегодня ветер такой же сильный, как и вчера. 7. Твоя комната такая же светлая, как моя. 8. Мэри не такая ленивая, как ее брат .
Вставьте much, many, little, few, a little, a few:
1.I haven’t got ... free time on weekdays. 2. The students had ... time to prepare for the examination. 3. He had ... English books at home, so he went to the library. 4. After the lesson everybody felt ... tired. 5. This textbook is good, but that is ... better. 6. There were ... new words in the text and we spent ... time translating them. 7. There was ... sugar in the bowl, and we had to put ... sugar there. 8. I know French ... and I can help you with the translation of this text. 10. When we walked ... farther we met our friends. 11. ... Englishmen can speak Russian well.
Вставьте much или many.
1. Please don’t ask me ... questions. 2. How ... money have you got? 3.1 never eat ... bread with soup. 4. Why did you eat so ... ice-cream? 5. She wrote us ... letters from the country. 6. ... students don’t like to look up words in the dictionary. 7.... in this work was too difficult for me. 8. He spent ... time writing his composition in Literature. 9. There were ... plates on the table. 10. Thank you very ...111. ... of my friends are preparing for their examinations now. 12. I don’t like ... sugar in my tea.
Вставьте somebody, anybody, nobody или everybody.
1. The question is so difficult that ... can answer it. 2. ... left his bag in our classroom yesterday. 3. Has ... in this group got a dictionary? 4. It is too late. I think there is ... in the office now. 5. ... knows that plants like water. 6. Is there ... here who knows English? 7. You must find ... who can help you. 8. ... knew anything about our home task. 9. The question is very easy. ... can answer this question. 10. There is ... in the next room. I don’t know him. 11. Please, tell us the story. ... knows it. 12. Is there ... you want to tell me? 13. Has ... here got a red pencil?
The adverb. Degrees of comparison.
A)Write three degrees of comparison for the following adverbs. Which of these adverbs do not form any degrees of comparison?
Carefully, well, far, here, outside, easily, mostly, fast, loudly, usually, happily, patiently, badly, dangerously, slowly, quickly.
B) Choose the right adverb (degree of comparison) to complete the sentences.
- Alisа smiles even (most brightly / more brightly) than the sun.
- The new teacher explains the rules (more completely / completely) than our book.
- Jack arrived (latest / most late) at the airport.
- Jillian usually climbs (highest /higher) of all the other climbers in her group.
- Andrew is speaking even (more louder / louder ) than usual.
- Melody dances (most gracefully / more gracefully) of all the girls.
- Of all three, Mike runs (fastest / faster).
- Of all two, Mike runs (fastest / faster).
- Harry swims (slower / slowest) of all the boys in the swimming team.
- Yesterday the President spoke (more calmly /calmly) to Congress than usual.
a) Use the correct form of the adverbs in brackets.
- Unfortunately, it’s becoming _______ (hard) and _______ (hard) to find a well-paid job.
- This phrase is _______ (widely) used in spoken Russian than in written.
- Your test isn’t good. You can do _______ (well) than you did.
- We walk _______ (fast) than usual to catch the train.
- I know Daniel _______ (well) than you do.
- I used to play tennis _______ (often) than now.
- Could you move a bit_______ (far) away for me to sit here too?
- Mary is driving _______ (slowly) than usual, as the road is wet.
- Of all the group Jimmy did _______ (badly) in the examination.
- Could you speak _______ (distinctly), please?
Задание 1. Поставьте к каждому предложению разделительный вопрос.
1. She is a student.
2. He speaks English well.
3. They don’t have many books.
4. You aren't an engineer.
5. Не can read.
6. Не has a book.
7. The weather was fine yesterday.
8. We saw a new film yesterday.
9. There will be five lessons tomorrow.
Задание 2. Поставьте к следующим предложениям вопросы:Общие Специальные Разделительные Вопрос к подлежащему
l.There is a book on the table. 2. He must work hard today. 3. We are leaving for Moscow next week. 4. We were reading the whole evening. 5. They don’t go to work on Sunday. 6. It is not cold today. 7. Ann has already begun to read a new book. 8. We learned German at school. 9. They will show you how to get there.
Задание 3. Составьте письменно все типы вопросов к следующим предложениям:
1. Our teacher knows several foreign languages. 2. He has graduated from our University last year. 3. We shall go to Samara next week. 4. They are working in the garden. 5. I have just read this book. 6. I took this book from my friend. 7. He likes reading books. 8. She has many relatives abroad. 9. They were in many countries. 10. Russia is the largest country in the world.
Вставьте much, many, little, few, a little или a few.
1. He had ... English books at home, so he had to go to the library for more books. 2. She gave him ... water to wash his hands and face. 3. I'd like to say ... words about my journey. 4. After the play everybody felt ... tired. 5. Let's stay here ... longer: it is such a nice place. 6. There were ... new words in the text, and Peter spent ... time learning them. 7. There was ... hay in the barn, and the children could not play there. 8. There was ... water in the river, and they decided to cross it. 9. My mother knows German ... and she can help you with the translation of this letter. 10. When we walked ... farther down the road, we met another group of students. 11. Have you got I... ink in your pen? 12. At the conference we met I... people whom we knew well. 13. There are very ... old houses left in our street. Most of them have already been pulled down. 14. If you have ... spare time, look through this book. You will find ... stories there which are rather interesting. 15. There are ... things here which I cannot understand. 16. Shall I bring ... more chalk? — No, thank you. There is... chalk on the desk. I hope that will be enough for our lesson.
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Continuous или в Present Simple.
1. I (not to drink) coffee now. I (to write) an English exercise. 2. I (not to drink) coffee in the evening. I (to drink) coffee in the morning. 3. Your friend (to do) his homework now? 4. Your friend (to go) to school in the morning? 5. Look! The baby (to sleep). 6. The baby always (to sleep) after dinner. 7. My grandmother (not to work). She is on pension. 8. My father (not to sleep) now. He (to work) in the garden
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Continuous.
1. I (to play) computer games yesterday. 2. I (to play) computer games at five o'clock yesterday. ; 3. He (to play) computer games from two till three yesterday. 4. We (to play) computer games the whole evening yesterday. 5. What Nick (to do) when you came to his place? 6. I (not to sleep) at nine o'clock yesterday. 7. What he (to do) yesterday? - He (to read) a book. 8. What you (to do) at 5 o'clock yesterday? -I (to play) the piano. 9. Father (to come) home at six o'clock yesterday. 10. I (to read) a book at six o'clock yesterday. 11. She (to fall) asleep at eleven o'clock yesterday. 12. Mother (to drink) tea at eleven o'clock yesterday. 13. Father (to watch) TV at ten o'clock yesterday. 14. I (to go) to bed at nine o'clock yesterday.
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в : Future Simple или Future Continuous
1. I (to do) my homework tomorrow. 2. I (to do) my homework at six o'clock tomorrow. 3. When I come home tomorrow, my family (to have) supper. 4. When you come to my place tomorrow, I (to read) your book. 5. Don't come to my place tomorrow. I (to write) a composition the whole evening. 6. I (not to go) to the cinema tomorrow. I (to watch) TV the whole evening. 8. What you (to do) tomorrow? 9. What you (to do) at eight o'clock tomorrow?