Упражнения на все 16 времен действительного залога
Задание 22.Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующемся времени.
1. Не (to be) here five minutes ago, but you (to be) out. He (to ask) me to tell you that he (to come) again tonight. 2. You (to read) "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd" by Agatha Christie? — No, I (not yet to read) it. But I (to hear) that it (to be) a very interesting book. I (to read) it as soon as I (to get) it. 3. When we (to come) to the station, the train already (to arrive). The passengers (to hurry) to occupy their seats in the carriages, 4. The concert (to be) a grater success than we (to expect). We were very glad. 5. He (to tell) me that if no one (to come) to meet me at the station, I (can) leave the suitcases in the cloakroom and go to the hotel where he (to reserve) a room for me. 6. Lanny (to return) home after seven years of absence. During these seven years he (to study) in Cape Town where his people (to send) him. Lanny was glad at the thought that he (to do) what they (to hope) he (to do) and that soon he (to be)among his people again.
Задание 23.Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в требующемся времени.
1. We could not go out because it (to rain) hard since early morning. 2. She (to teach) at our school for twenty years now. 3. Ring me up as soon as you (to come) home. 4. He (to begin) to write his composition at three o'clock. It is already eleven, and he still (to write) it. He says he (to finish) it by twelve. 5. We (to help) our librarian to put the books in the right order for already three days, but we (to arrange) only half the books. 6. What you (to do) when I (to come) in? 7. When I (to come) to his house, they (to tell) me that he (to leave) an hour before. 8. On checking up his answers he (to find) out that he (to make) several mistakes. 9. When I (to leave) home, the snow already (to stop), but a strong wind (to blow).10. You (to read) this book? — Yes, I (to read) it. I (to think) it (to be) very interesting.
Задание 24.Переведите на английский язык, употребляя глаголы в требующемся времени.
1. Он был счастлив: он написал отличное сочинение. 2. Я ищу тебя весь вечер. 3. Я вдруг вспомнил, что ничего не ел с утра. 4. К счастью, дождь уже перестал, когда мы вышли. 5. Сколько лет вы работаете в этой школе? 6. В одиннадцать часом мы еще работали. 7. В одиннадцать часов мы уже работали три часа. 8. Я уже три раза говорил тебе, что надо переписать упражнение. 9. Я уже целый час читал после обеда, когда пришел папа. 10. Я не приду. Я буду писать сочинение весь вечер
К таблицам 8.6-8.7: Времена глагола в активном
И пассивном залогах
Задание 1.Запишите следующие предложения в Passive Voice. Грамматическое время не меняйте.
Образец: She washes the child. – The child is washed by her.
1. She writes short stories. 2. They told us interesting stories. 3. People will remember this event. 4. They are destroying the old bridge. 5. They were building a bridge when I came up to them.6. They have prepared the report. 7. We came home and saw a big box. Mary had brought it. 8. They will have completed the work by the time you return. 9. He was examining a student when she came in. 10. It was cold in the room. Somebody had opened the window. 11. They will dictate the letter to Мike over the telephone. 12. The teacher repeated the same rule to the students several times. 13. Nobody has ever seen the other side of the Moon. 14. They make very good wine in Spain. 15. They have invited us to have dinner with them.
Задание 2. Раскройте скобки и запишите глагол в Passive Voice.
1. I live in a very old town which (to surround) by beautiful woods. 2. Many people walk in the woods. Visitors (to ask) to keep the woods clean. 3. A lot of apples (to grow) in Ukraine. 4. Oil (to export) by Russia to many countries. 5. The ancient monuments (to destroy) slowly by acid rains. 6. “Hamlet” (to write) by Shakespeare. 7. Do you know how President Kennedy (to kill)? 8. The homework for the lesson (not to correct) yet. 9. Do you know the news? Sam (to invite) to Helen's party. 10. This museum (to found) in 1990. 11. By evening all preparations for the trip (to finish) and the students went home. 12. I am sure the work (to complete) by the time you return. 13. Many towns (to destroy) by the earthquake in Japan last year. 14. When I came into the kitchen I smelt something delicious. My favorite cookies (to bake). 15. “David Copperfield” (to write) by Charles Dickens.
Задание 3А. Запишите предложения в нужном времени в Passive Voice. Предложения переведите.
1. But what shall I do if you (to kill)? (I Shaw) 2.In 1834 the Houses of Parliament, with the exception of Westminster Hall (to destroy) by fire. They (to rebuild) by Sir Charles Barry. 3. Lanny noticed that he (to watch) by three white men from the coffee stall on the other side of the road. 4. The Nobel Prize (to give) to him in 1924 when the advent of wave mechanics had revealed the importance of his work, ten years after his famous experiment (to perform) (Wilson). 5. I called to ask if a diamond brooch of mine (to find) (Wilde). 6. Annette's most valuable stone was ruby, which (to give) to her when she was twelve by an Indian prince who was in love with her mother. (Murdock). 7. It was an idea that (to discuss) at that moment by Colonel Melchett and Colonel Bantry. (Christic). 8. He [Arthur] went up to his room. Nothing in it (to change) since his arrest. (Voynich). 9. After lunch, we heard that Charles Lenton (to send) for. (Snow). 10. I _ constantly_ (to follow) in the street. I like it. It gives an amusement to the dullest walk. (Mangham).
Задание 4А. Переведите предложения на английский язык, употребляя нужное время в Passive Voice.
1. Его нигде не видели на протяжении недели. Он болен? 2.Когда я приехал в Москву, этот дом еще строили. 3. Город, где родился Низами, был построен в ІХ веке. 4. Произведения Пушкина переведены на многие языки мира. 5. Когда Владимира привезли в Сосняки, ему было семь лет. 6. Мне только что предложили интересную работу. 7. Сусанину приказали показать дорогу к Москве. 8. Дети любят, когда им читают. 9. Не понимаю, почему об этом фильме так много говорят. 10. Такими серьезными вещами не шутят. 11. Можно ли доверять вашему другу? 12. Нам сообщили об успешном возвращении экспедиции. 13. Когда ему предложили начать работу? 14. Перед тем, как я начал работу, мне были даны необходимые указания. 15. Показали ли вам этот редкостный экспонат (exhibit)?
Задание 5А. Вставьте пропущенную форму необходимого вспомогательного глагола (Passive или Active Voice).
1. An interesting article _____ published in the next issue of the magazine. It ______ published by May. It _____ not _____ published yet. It _____ written now. The author of the article ____ working at it for two month. When _____ his preceding article published?
2. My room _____ not _____ papered since the new furniture _____ bought. I think it must ____ papered this spring. My neighbor’s room ______ papered now. The paper-hanger _____ working for two days. He says the work _____ finished soon. It _____ finished by next month.
К таблице 8.8: Модальные глаголы и их эквиваленты
Задание 1. Прочитайте и переведите диалог на русский язык, обращая внимание на значение модальных глаголов.
A: Where’s that book I gave you last week?
B: It must be somewhere here. … Strange isn’t it? I can’t find it. Where can I have put it?
A: Do find it. I simply must have it. You may have given it to somebody else, you know.
B: Oh, no. I can’t have done that. Wait a moment. It may be in that bookcase among my old books.
A: What’s that lying under the arm-chair over there? That must be it.
B: So it is! Well, who can have put it there?
Задание 2. Заполните пропуски глаголами can (could) или may (might).Предложения переведите.
1. It _____ all come nothing, you know. 2. The night was cloudy; nothing _____ be seen but the edge of the horizon. 3. You have walked on my flowerbed! Surely, you _____ be more careful and see where you walk. 4. He was well read, he had read everything he _____ borrow from the library or from his friends. 5. ______ you tell me the shortest way to the post-office, please? 6. This young man’s face looks very familiar. Oh, you _____ have seen him in some film. 7. He _____ think that I am too young to go to the party. 8. You _____ help me with this heavy suit-case.
Задание 3. Подберите английским предложениям соответствующие предложения на русском языке.
Задание 4А. Переведите предложения на русский язык. Прокомментируйте значения модальных глаголов.
1. “You may think you’re very old”, he said, “but you strike me as extremely young”.(Galsworthy).
2. That was like her – she had no foresight. Still – who knew? – She might be right. (Galsworthy).
3. You are to stay in bed until you are allowed to get up. (Du Maurier).
4. “I can’t explain it”, said Therese. “I can’t explain anything I did today.” (Heym).
5. And now I must go back to my social duties. (Voynich).
6. It’s murder and we ought to stop it (London).
7. You should be more careful. (London).
8. Dear Jim, I am to be shot at sunrise tomorrow. (Voynich).
9. I shall have to take the pupils into the hills, as usual, and see them settled there. (Voynich).
10. Shall I shut the door, ma’am? (Dickens).
11. You may laugh if you will but I was sure I should see her there. (E. Bronte).
12. He did not dare to meet his uncle.
13. How dare you go out by yourself after the orders I gave you? (Shaw).
14. You dare addressme in that tone! (Shaw).
15. I am here. You needn’t be afraid. (Greene).
16. He did not need to be told twice.
17. “I can’t stand it any more, Emmy”, John said; “I won’tstand it; and you must come with me”. (Thackeray).
Задание 5. Вставьте на место пропусков “can”, “may” или “must”.
1. I … sharpen the pencils if you lend me your knife. 2. He told his secretary: “You … go home now if you like”. 3. The teacher told the class: “If you make a spelling mistake, you … write the correction three times”. 4. Mary … do her homework if her father doesn’t help her. 5. I said to my friend: “If I lend you my car, you … promise to drive it carefully”.
Задание 6. Употребив «may», «might», «must», выразите разную степень уверенности в совершении действия. Предложения переведите.
1. a) He … know grammar. But I can’t believe it. He makes too many mistakes.
b) He … know grammar. He is not bad pupil.
c) He … know grammar. He often helps his school-mates when they find difficulties with their exercises.
2. a) He … be a good painter, though I personally do not like his pictures.
b) He … be a good painter. Many people like his pictures.
c) He … be a good painter. So many people like his pictures and praise them highly.
Задание 7. Заполните пропуски, употребив глаголы «may» или «can».
1. He … have dinner now and then play in the yard. 2. Peter … do sums very well. …he held us? 3. … we play in the room? – No, you … not. 4. She … not open this window. It is very large. 5. … I see Vera now? – No, you … not. She is not in. 6. … I help you? – Yes, you …–… you wash the plates? – Certainly, I ….
Задание 8. Поставьте следующие предложения в прошедшее и будущее время.
1. I must get up early. 2. We have to take a taxi. 3. You may take my pencil.
4. What can I do for you? 5. You may go home. 6. He has to learn this poem by heart. 7. We must translate the text without a dictionary. 8. She can speak English quite well.
Задание 9. Переведите следующие предложения. Прокомментируйте значения модальных глаголов и их эквивалентов.
1. We must answer all the questions. 2. You can get there only by air. 3. You may help us with this translation. 4. You may smoke only in the smoking room. 5. He can swim not so well as his elder brother. 6. You are to say nothing about it to anyone. 7. This story should be interesting. 8. We were to meet at the entrance of the theatre at a quarter to eight. 9. The child is ill, he is not allowed to get up. 10. We ought to stop this murder. 11. I was to be there at five sharp. 12. In the museum you may see some interesting things.
Задание 10. Заполните пропуски модальными глаголами.
1. The doctor said, «The child is very ill. He………..be taken to the hospital at once.” 2. A man………help his parents when they become old. 3. There are no buses or taxis, so we………..walk. 4. Everybody ………learn a foreign language. 5. We………live without food and water. We………eat and drink. 6. I………get up early tomorrow, so I……go to bed late tonight. 7. You…….drive a car at night without lights. 8. Jon’s father told him that he…..ask silly questions. 9. Man…..live by bread alone. 10. The matter………be discussed in tomorrow’s debate. 11. You……….sit there in your wet clothes; you will catch cold if you do.
12. They…………do all the exercises; it will be sufficient if they do four of them.
13. You……….do whatever you like. 14. We………go away just yet; our train doesn’t leave for half an hour yet. 15. I……….read to the end of the story, because I want to see who gets the treasure. 16. Why……..I go? 17. She…….sing quite well. 18. The ice is quite thick. We………walk on it.
Задание 11. Выберите правильный модальный глаголов.
1. You will... speak Spanish in another few months.
A can C be able to
B have D ought
2. I'd like ... skate.
A to can C to have to
B to be able to D could
3. Nobody answers the phone. They... be out.
A should C can
B would D must
4. I'm sorry, I... have phoned to tell you I was coming.
A should to C had to
B ought to D could
5. To my mind, the government... take care of old people.
A ought C must
B need to D may
6. I... get up early on Mondays.
A am able C must
B have to D may
7. The policeman told the woman she... worry.
A needn't C couldn't
B needn't to D mustn't
8. ... you mind passing me the salt?
A will C could
B should D would
9. As you... remember, I was always interested in scientific-experiments
A may C must
B have to D ought to
10. Little children like books with large print. They... read them more easily.
A should C can
B must D have to
11. … I speak to Jane, please?
A could C must
B shall D ought
12. My dentist says I... eat so many sweets.
A needn't C ought not
B mustn't D shouldn't
13. - Why hasn't Mr. Grill got in touch with us? – I don't quite know. It ... be that he has lost our phone number.
A may C must
B ought to D should
14. – Liz seems to be avoiding you. – I can't tell you for certain. She ... have been hurt by my words about her boyfriend.
A should C might
B must D needn't
К таблице 9. Типы вопросительных предложений
Поиск по сайту
Поиск по сайту: