Для студентов 1 курса ниспо экономического факультета заочной формы обучения специальность 1-25 01 07 15 «Экономика и управление на предприятии агропромышленного комплекса»
Составитель: Лебедева О.И.
1. Вставьте личные или притяжательные местоимения:
1. My father is a doctor. … job is very interesting and responsible. Sometimes … works from morning till night. 2. Is my dinner ready? … am hungry. 3. Mary is ill. …temperature is very high. The doctor says that … must stay in bed. 4. Michael and John are lazy students. … never do their homework. … marks are very bad. 6. I liked to study at school and … favorite subjects were English, math and informatics. I was always good at …. 7. My mother is 42. … is a good-looking woman with blond hair and green eyes. I admire … character. 8. My mother is 50 years old, but … looks much younger, because … hobby is going in for sports. 9. We love each other and … family is very united. Nothing can separate …. 10. You are an optimist, I admire … enthusiasm and sense of humor. 11. Autumn has come. I like … beauty.
2. Выберите правильный вариант:
1. We can't blame (anyone/no one) but ourselves for bad marks. 2. There's (anything/nothing) in the post for you this morning. 3. There isn't (anything/nothing) in the post for you this morning. 4. (Anyone/someone) called you earlier, but I don't know who. 5. Isn't there (anywhere/nowhere) to go at this time of night? 6. There's (anyone/someone) on the phone to speak to you. 7. You can do (anything/something) you want, it won't make any difference. 8. Sorry, I don't know (anything/nothing) about it. 9. (No one/someone) knew what to do, so I used my own initiative. 10. Did (something/anything) impress you during the show? 11. Do you prefer to go (anywhere/somewhere) after the lessons? 12. The choice of my future professiondidn’t depend on(anybody/nobody) but me.
3. Выберите правильный вариант:
1. How much/How many pages are there on your website? 2. Are there many/much banks with a head office in Geneva? 3. Is there many/much traffic in your town? 4. How much/how many information have we got about this company? 5. I’m afraid we haven’t got much/many time. 6. The news is on in a few/a little minutes. 7. A few/A little students have 3 months’ holiday. 8. Are there many/much shops in your street? How many/much is your wrist-watch? - It’s $10. 9. Which of you reads many/much? - My friend does. 10. Do you have many/much free time? 11. There are so few/little English books in the library. 12. There is very few/little bread for breakfast. 13.Peter knows few/little about Oxford University. 14. The examiner asked me few/little questions. 15. Few/little shops open at 7 o’clock in the morning. 15. Our sportsmen won a few/a little medals.
4. Поставьте следующие существительные во множественном числе:
Land, tax, branch, farm, box, swine, deer, pie, journey, man, knife, sheep, wolf, hero, daughter, lie, truth, goose, child, bush, hen, zoo, roof, church, job, degree, safe, dictionary, loaf, valley, possibility, plant, tooth, mountain, dish, stomach, calf, cow, wrist, bottom.
Соедините два существительных при помощи (’)s или при помощи предлога of
Образец: the door / the room – the door of the room
the mother / Ann – Ann’s mother
1) The camera / Tom
2) The eyes / the cat
3) The top / the page
4) The daughter / Charles
5) The newspaper / today
6) The toys / the children
7) The name / your wife
8) The name / this street
9) The name / the company
10) The new manager / the company
11) The result / the football match
12) The car / Mike parents.
13) The birthday / my father
14) The garden / our neighbours
15) The ground floor / the building
16) The children / Don and Mary
17) The house / my aunt and uncle
18) The manager / the hotel
Переведите цепочки существительных. Назовите существительные, выполняющие функцию определения.
- crop: crop growing, root crops, root crops growing, grain crop, grain crops cultivation;
- market: market system, world market, consumer market, consumer market development, food market, food market survey;
- tax: income tax, tax advantages, income tax advantages, tax strategy, state tax strategy, tax strategy development;
- food: food supplies, sea food, sea food supplies, food purity, food purity control, Food Program, the World Food Program;
- price: food price, consumer price, market price, market price equivalent, commodity price, commodity price index, cost and price difference, price control, price control system;
- balance: trade balance, balance cost, balance sheet, balance sheet analysis, zero balance, year balance, zero year balance, balance budget.
7. Образуйте сравнительную и превосходную степень от данных прилагательных и наречий:
a) high, small, late, cheap, large, easy, slow, tender, fast, early, hard, soon, nice, happy, long, big;
b) profitable, expensive, important, substantial, serious, effective, successful, useful, resistant;
c) bad, far, good, old, little, many, badly, much, well.
8. Поставьте прилагательное или наречие в скобках в сравнительную или превосходную степень сравнения:
1. For (far) information, please write to the above address.
2. You know much, but you know (little) than your teacher.
3. This is (important) information, we have ever received.
4. You studied hard, and as a result you passed the exams (good) of all the students in your group.
5. We were disappointed as the price of wheat was (expensive) than we expected.
6. Actually, the weather today is (bad) than it was yesterday, so we have harvested (few) tons of grain.
7. The government is going to provide (many) tax advantages for agricultural enterprises.
8. My (old) brother studies economics of agricultural enterprises at the Agrarian University.
9. Заполните пропуски подходящей формой глагола to be. Сделайте предложения вопросительными и отрицательными:
1. My mother … an economist, and my father … a food technologist. My friend’s parents … technologists, too. 2. Where … you from? – I … from Belarus. – And where … your friends from? – They … from Russia. 3. … your friend at the University at the moment? – No, he … not at the University, he … at home. 4.What … the weather like today? – It … cloudy, the sky … grey. I think it will rain today. 5. Our students … fond of chemistry. 6. It … difficult to begin learning languages. But to learn the second language … much easier. 7. People who know several foreign languages … polyglots. 8. The knowledge of foreign languages … very useful. 9. Our University … the initiator of regular events in the life of the students. They … students’ festivals, sports and athletics meetings, tourist programs. 10. The Belarusians … very educated people.
1. There are 5 foreign students at in our group. 2. There are many Candidates of Science at our University. 3. There is a well-equipped a printing room in the main building of the University. 4. There are always very many students in the reading-room. 5. There is a nice building of the University in our street. 6. There are a lot of interesting subjects in our schedule (расписание). 7. There are three universities in our city. 8. There are 340 students per 10,000 residents of Belarus. 9. There is only one Institute in our republic, all the rest are universities and academies. 10. There is a year’s preparatory Russian language course for foreign students at our University.
11. Вставьте в пропуски have или has:
1. I ___ many friends at the university. 2. My brother usually ___ lunch at school. 3. We often ___ parties at weekends. 4. I can’t tell you the time: I (not) ___ a watch. 5. ___ you ___ fun on holidays? 6. Mike (not) ___ coffee for breakfast, he ___ tea. 7. We ___ four classes a day. 8. ___ your little sister ___ many toys? 9. He ___ many English books at home. 10. When ___ you usually ___ breakfast?
12. Проанализируйте значение подчеркнутых модальных глаголов и переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. Nick can run long distances. 2. You mustn’t park the car here. 3. You may keep my book for a week. 4. It might be cold. Take your coat. 5. We needn’t buy bread. We have some at home. 6. John ought to be more careful with the dog. 7. You look not very well. I think you should see a doctor. 8. I had to take a taxi in order not to be late. 9. You needn’t finish the work today. You can do it tomorrow. 10. May I take your pen for a moment? 11. Students mustn’t talk at the lessons. 12. It may rain, you should take your umbrella. 13. My grandfather could speak two foreign languages.
13. Поставьте сказуемое в одном из времен группы Simple:
1. I (to go) to bed at ten o’clock every day. But tomorrow I (to go) to bed at nine o’clock, because I (to get up) very early the next day. 2. When I (to be) a schoolchild a (to go) to bed at nine o’clock. 3. It (not to snow) yesterday, but the weather (to be) windy and wet. 4. The forecasts say that the weather (to be) fine tomorrow. It (not to rain) and the wind (not to blow). 5. I (not to go out) yesterday as the weather (not to be) good, and I (not to want) to get wet through. 6. When you (to leave) home for the university every day? 7. You (to leave) home for the university yesterday earlier than usual. 8. When you (to take) exams this term? 9. My brother (to go) to work every day. He (to leave) home at a quarter past eight. He (to walk) to the office because it (to be) not far from our house. He (not to take) a bus. 10. Yesterday my brother (not to go) to work. So he (to get up) at nine o’clock. He (not to eat) anything, but (to drink) a cup of strong coffee. 11. What you (to buy) at the shop yesterday? – I (to buy) a book on biology. Tomorrow I (to bring) it to the University.