Упражнения по теме THE VERBALS
Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на причастия.
1. Everybody looked at the dancing girl. 2. The little plump woman standing at the window is my grandmother. 3. The man playing the piano is Kate’s uncle. 4. Entering the room, she turned on the light. 5. Coming to the theatre, she saw that the performance had already begun. 6. Looking out of the window, he saw his mother watering the flowers. 7. Hearing the sounds of music we stopped talking. 8. She went into the room, leaving the door open.
Замените придаточные предложения причины причастными оборотами. 1. Since he needed a shelter for the night, Peter decided to go to the neighbours’ house. 2. Since he knew who the man was, Robert was very pleased to have the chance of talking to him. 3. As he thought that it was his brother at the window,Steve decided to open it. 4.As the people were afraid of falling into a ditch in the darkness at any moment,they felt theirway about very carefully. 5. As he now felt more at ease, the man spoke in a
Замените придаточные предложения времени причастными оборотами (не опускайте союз when).
1. Pay attention to the word order when you speak English. 2. Be careful when you are crossing a street. 3. When you are leaving the room,don’tforget to turn off the light. 4. When you begin to work with the dictionary, don’t forget my instructions. 5. When they were travelling in Central Africa, the explorers watched a lot of wild animals. 6. When you are copying English texts, pay attention to the articles. 7. You must have much practicewhen you are learning to speak a foreign language.
Сравните употребление participle I и participle II
Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на participle I и participle II.
1. a) A fish taken out of the water cannot live.
b) A person taking a sun-bath must be very careful.
c) Taking a dictionary, he began to translate the text.
2. a) A line seen through this crystal looks double.
b) A teacher seeing a mistake in students’ test-papers always corrects it. с) Seeing clouds of smoke over the house, the people cried: «Fire! Fire!»
3. а) The word said by the student was not correct.
b) The man standing at the door of the train carriage is a well-known musician. с) Standing at the window, she was waving her hand.
4. а) A letter sent from St. Petersburg today will be in Moscow tomorrow.
b) There were a lot of people in the post-office sending telegrams.
с) When sending the telegram she forgot to write her name.
5. а) Some of the questions put to the lecturer yesterday were very important. b) The girl putting the book on the shelf is the new librarian.
с) While putting the cups onto the shelf she broke one of them.
6. а) A word spoken in time may have very important results.
b) The students speaking good English must help their group mates. с) The speaking doll interested the child very much.
d) While speaking to Nick some days ago I forgot to ask him about his sister.
Выберите из скобок требующуюся форму причастия.
1. a) The house (surrounding, surrounded) by tall trees is very beautiful.
b) The wall (surrounding, surrounded) the house was very high.
2. a) Who is that young man (doing, done) the book review?
b) The exercises (doing, done) by the students were easy.
3. a) The girl (washing, washed) the floor is my sister.
b) The floor (washing, washed) by Helen looked very clean.
4. a) The girl (writing, written) on the board is our best student.
b) Everything (writing, written) here is quite right.
5. The book (writing, written) by this scientist is very interesting.
6. Translate the words (writing, written) on the blackboard.
7. We could not see the sun (covering, covered) by dark clouds.
8. The (losing, lost) book was found at last.
9. Read the (translating, translated) sentences once more.
10. She was reading the book (buying, bought) the day before.
Present Participle и Perfect Participle
buying – покупая having bought – купив
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в present participle или perfect par-ticiple.
1. (to sit) near the fire, he felt very warm. 2. (to do) her homework, she began reading. 3 (to eat) all the potatoes, she drank a cup of tea. 4. (to drink) tea, she scalded her lips. 5. (to run) in the street, I fell and hurt my knee.
6. (to look) through some magazines, I came across an interesting article about UFOs.
7. (to write) out and (to learn) all the new words, he was able to translate the text easily. 8. (to live) in the south of our country, he cannot enjoy the beauty of St. Petersburg’s White Nights in summer. 9. (to talk) to her neighbour in the street, she did not notice how a thief stole her money. 10. (to read) the story, she closed the book and put it on the shelf. 11. (to buy) some juice and cakes, we went home. 12. (to do) his homework, he was thinking hard.
Перевод разных форм причастия на русский язык
Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на причастия.
1. He stood watching the people who were coming down the street shouting and waving their hands. 2. The broken arm was examined by the doctor. 3. While being examined, the boy could not help crying. 4. Having prescribed the medicine, the doctor went away. 5. The medicine prescribed by the doctor was bitter. 6. The dress bought at the department store was very beautiful. 7. While using a needle you should be careful not to prick your finger. 8. While crossing the street one should first look to the left and then to the right. 9. People watching a performance are called an audience. 10. Being very ill, she could not go to school. 11. The first rays of the rising sun lit up the top of the hill. 12. The tree struck by lightning was all black and leafless. 13. Being busy, he postponed his trip. 14. The room facing the garden is much more comfortable than this one.
15. Having been shown the wrong direction, the travellers soon lost their way.
16. Having descended the mountain they heard a man calling for help. 17. Flushed and excited, the boy came running to his mother. 18. The boy lay sleeping when the doctor came.
В следующих предложениях найдите герундий. Переведите предложения. 1. You can find the sender’s address at the beginning of the letter. 2. What was he preparing for? 3. It’s no use going there. 4. You may finish this discussion after my leaving. 5. I don’t like staying at home in such weather. 6. When will the sitting of the committee be held? 7. The singing of birds in the garden woke him up in the morning. 8. Is there anything interesting in this magazine? 9. After finishing the first task the students started reading the text. 10. What do you
mean by coming to the lesson without reading the text?
В следующих предложениях найдите герундий. Переведите предложения. 1. “Go on reading the text,” said the teacher. 2. The telephone is ringing.
Can you answer it? 3. After finishing their homework the children went out to play football. 4. He returned home after his long journey in spring, it was a happy meeting. 5. There is no hope of our returning home before 7 o’clock. 6. What time are you going to get up tomorrow morning? 7. My sister dreams of becoming a ballet-dancer. 8. They enjoyed sitting in the sun and swimming in the river.
Сравните функцию герундия в следующих предложениях:
Определите функцию герундия и переведите предложения.
1. He liked to read a book before going to bed. 2. They discussed different problems of teaching foreign languages. 3. It’s no use talking about it. 4. I am proud of being a citizen of Russia. 5. He went away without leaving his address. 6. On receiving the telegram I started for home at once. 7. I am afraid of being late. 8. Running is a good physical exercise. 9. He prefers doing nothing to work-ing. 10. My favourite sport is skating.
Поиск по сайту